4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup large pearl tapioca, soaked per package directions if needed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups prepared whipped topping
- Place the milk, tapioca, vanilla extract and salt in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and mix well to blend.
- Cover; Cook on High 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolk. Add small amounts of the cooked tapioca into the egg mixture, whisking to combine until tempered, about 1 cup.
- Add the egg mixture to the remaining tapioca and stir again.
- Cook on High for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the pudding to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill.
- Top with the whipped topping to serve.
Recipe from crock-pot.com