1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
1 Can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat Crockpot on high.
- Prepare the angel food cake mix according to package.
- In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin, spice, & vanilla.
- Fold pumpkin mix into angel food mix until well incorporated.
- Place clean paperless sweetened condensed milk can in the center of a 5 qt or larger crockpot. Spray the entire crockpot and can with baking spray to avoid sticking.
- Pour cake mix into crockpot around can, cover, and let cook on high for 2 hours.
- After two hours check cake with a toothpick to make sure it is cooked through, it should also be pulling away from the sides of the crockpot.
- Carefully remove the can and gently flip the cake out on to a baking rack to cool.
- Return the can and 2 cups of water to the crockpot for the caramel to continue to cook for 2 hours while the cake cools.
- When done remove the can and allow to cool. Carefully open to reveal the carmel. Serve with the cake.